samba4: bind error #define DLZ_DLOPEN_VERSION 1

Kev Latimer klatimer at tolent.co.uk
Thu Apr 19 04:36:35 MDT 2012

On 19/04/2012 10:32, steve wrote:
> On 19/04/12 10:39, Kev Latimer wrote:

>>> This is BIND 9.8.1-P1, same BIND as I've been using throughout.
>>>
>>> My C isn't good enough to figure out why it isn't making two files,
>>> I'm afraid :-P
>>> --
>>> Kev
>>

> Hi
> Me neither but I see it as:
>
> if BIND_VERSION_9_8 is defined somewhere (I defined it before hitting
> that bit of the header, in the same file) then it will build the so
> for 9.8. Otherwise it will build the so for 9.9. Because it's an
> if-else it does one thing or the other. If you don't have 9.8, it does
> the other.
>
> Should there be 2 files or just one?
>
> Cheers,
> Steve

According to Amitay, it should build two files, dlz_bind9.so for 9.8 and
dlz_bind9_9.so for 9.9; for us, it just seems to build a single file,
dlz_bind9.so, which only works on 9.9...

I used the same trick as you did to build a 9.8 module and I'm back up
and running.

The only thing I can think of is that we upgraded our Samba's to reach
this problem, no fresh install.  Think I'll quickly build it on a
different machine and see if a new install makes a difference on the
modules it builds?
--
Kev