Samba4 internal dns Failed DNS update [solved]

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Wed Apr 18 12:17:11 MDT 2012

On 10/04/12 15:07, Kai Blin wrote:
> On 2012-04-08 12:27, steve wrote:
>
> As I said in my previous mail, have a look at the network traffic and
> see if your forwarding DNS server sends any replies or not.
Hi Kai
I replaced the 192.168.1.1 forwarder (on my cheepo router) with google
at 8.8.8.8 and everything sprang to life. I've added my actual isp's
server too.

Everything seems solid again now but could you have a quick look at this
smb.conf. The addition of my isp's forwarder hasn't made any difference.
Does the order matter? Can you even have more than one forwarder?

[global]
     server role = domain controller
     workgroup = MARINA
     realm = hh3.site
     netbios name = HH3
     passdb backend = samba4
     server services = smb, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl,
winbind, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate, dns
         allow dns updates = True
         dns forwarder = 8.8.8.8
         dns forwarder = 217.70.240.135