samba4: bind error #define DLZ_DLOPEN_VERSION 1

Amitay Isaacs amitay at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 09:04:24 MDT 2012

Hi Steve,

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 11:34 PM, steve <steve at steve-ss.com> wrote:
> 4.0.0alpha20-GIT-c69c07e openSUSE 12.1 bind 9.8
>
> Hi. A strange problem with bind not starting after overwriting a git from 2
> weeks ago. Something like 'should be version 1 not version 2'
>
> It seems to default to the new bind unless we add:
> #define BIND_VERSION_9_8    1
> to:
> source4/dns_server/dlz_minimal.h
>
> to get this bit right:
> #ifdef BIND_VERSION_9_8
> #define DLZ_DLOPEN_VERSION 1
> #else
> #define DLZ_DLOPEN_VERSION 2
> #endif
>
> Where should I have defined BIND_VERSION_9_8? (I think it's my fault since
> this is an overwrite)

You shouldn't have to define it anywhere. This #ifdef is used to build
DLZ modules for both BIND 9.8 and BIND 9.9 versions. After the build,
there will be two DLZ modules dlz_bind9.so and dlz_bind9_9.so. Make
sure you have uncommented the correct line in private/named.conf.

> Should we be moving to bind 9.9?

You can use BIND 9.9 if it's available on your system by correctly
choosing dlz_bind9_9.so module.

Amitay.