Samba4 internal dns Failed DNS update

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Fri Apr 6 02:50:40 MDT 2012

On 05/04/12 17:58, steve wrote:
> On 05/04/12 13:45, Kai Blin wrote:
>> On 2012-04-05 12:41, steve wrote:
>>
>>> We we plan to have a forward and reverse zone. The fwd zone seems to be
>>> there by default. Last time added a reverse zone using samba-tool last.
>> Yep, that's expected and the way to do it.

Hi again Kai
Narrowed it down a bit.

The ..source4/dsdb/dns/dns_update TIMEOUT error is when we are in a
browser after the forwarder is called:

Not authoritative for 'some.domain', forwarding

The site does not show.
We can log off the client but cannot log back on. kinit Administrator gives:
kinit: Cannot resolve network address in realm "HH3.SITE" while getting
initial credentials
Both s4 and the client have to be rebooted.

Checked that the forwarder is OK.
Cheers,
Steve