Samba4 internal dns Failed DNS update

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Thu Apr 5 04:41:18 MDT 2012

On 05/04/12 12:19, Kai Blin wrote:
> On 2012-04-05 12:14, steve wrote:
>
> Hi steve,
>
>> Am going for a new build with the internal server. Will keep it totally
>> default and report back.
> You pretty much need the "nsupdate command = nsupdate" to make sure
> updates work. Current git master internal DNS doesn't understand TKEY
> queries, and likely handles them incorrectly
>
> Cheers,
> Kai

  Hi Kai
We we plan to have a forward and reverse zone. The fwd zone seems to be
there by default. Last time added a reverse zone using samba-tool last.
Both worked fine but kept the values of machines which connected even
after a reboot. Maybe the nsupdate in smb.conf will get us there this
time. We are at 3608 of make on the new build.
Cheers,
Steve