upgrading to S4

Collen cblijenberg at hermanjordan.nl
Wed Oct 5 04:48:39 MDT 2011

Ok, got there on me own...

net getlocalsid / setlocalsid was ok.
i did do a passwd and group file copy, so the error of unix user
accounts is gone aswell

i started over from scratch, and s3update goes ok, until it comes at the
wins.dat
----------------------------------
Importing WINS database
ERROR(ldb): uncaught exception - Entry name=LLOUDEJOSI,type=0x03 already
exists
  File
"/usr/local/samba/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/netcmd/__init__.py",
line 135, in _run
  return self.run(*args, **kwargs)
  File
"/usr/local/samba/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/netcmd/domain.py",
line 619, in run
     useeadb=eadb)
   File "/usr/local/samba/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/upgrade.py",
line 637, in upgrade_from_samba3
   import_wins(Ldb(result.paths.winsdb), samba3.get_wins_db())
  File "/usr/local/samba/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/upgrade.py",
line 284, in import_wins
"address": ips})
[root at megatron samba3]#
-----------------------------------

i i delete this entry (lloudejosi) and rerun the script, i get the same
error with other usernames. (and sometimes computer names)
if i empty out wins.dat it complains about the file being empty
and delete file gives even worse error's

i upgrade from samba 3.2.4 to samba 4.0.0.a17

anny clue's on where to go from here ?!

cheers, Collen

--
---
Collen Blijenberg - systeem/netwerk beheerder