iPad libsmbclient app

Artur Sampaio hardan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 15:02:01 MDT 2011

Hi, Ben,

I'm trying to compile libsmbclient.a to use it in my iPhone project. Everytime i get a different compiling error, but never a working libsmbclient.a (I know, i'm a noob)

could you please help me? This is the script i've been using (on
samba-3.5.7, using ./configure on source3 subdir):

######################

export CC=/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/arm-apple-darwin10-gcc-4.2.1
export CFLAGS="-isysroot
/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS4.2.sdk"
export LDFLAGS="-isysroot
/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS4.2.sdk
-Wl,-syslibroot
/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS4.2.sdk"
export CPP=/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/cpp

./configure --host=arm-apple-darwin samba_cv_CC_NEGATIVE_ENUM_VALUES=yes

The build is crashing during make (most of the time, depending on how i set the flags on ./configure) with  many libs missing. I'm new to using autoconf/make, so i haven't had success in building the lib.

I'm sorry i'm wasting your time on this but it's really important that
I have libsmbclient.a . I've been working for 3 days almost non-stop
without success.

If you have pointers on script change or could spare a compiled
library you would really save me. I'd owe you a big favor forever.

Thank you for your time,

Artur Sampaio