samba_dnsupdate do not work, error Check your Kerberos ticket, it may have expired.

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Tue Oct 19 05:59:40 MDT 2010

On 19/10/2010 15:05, Rohit Rajan wrote:
>  Sorry i forgot to mention, i'm using the bind only on the DC1 and dc2
> is pointing to the dc1 bind server only.
>
> the bind version
> DC1
> BIND 9.7.2-P2 built with '--with-openssl' '--with-gssapi'
> '--enable-threads' '--disable-openssl-version-check'

Super good version
> DC2
> no bind
>
> yes the libdefaults sections on both the servers are set
>
> DC1
>
> [libdefaults]
>  default_realm = XXX.COM
>  dns_lookup_realm = false
> dns_lookup_kdc = false
>         ticket_lifetime = 24h
>         forwardable = yes
>
> DC2
> [libdefaults]
>  dns_lookup_realm = true
>  dns_lookup_kdc = true
> default_realm = XXX.COM
>

> samba 4 NTLMSSP NTLMV2 packet check failed due to invalid signature!
Where is it ? and for the bind I was thinking at something like:

logging {
     channel update_debug {
         file "/var/log/update-debug.log";
         severity  debug 10;
         print-category yes;
         print-severity yes;
         print-time     yes;
     };
     channel security_info {
         file "/var/log/named-auth.info";
         severity  info;
         print-category yes;
         print-severity yes;
         print-time     yes;
     };
     channel queries_info {
         file "/var/log/named-queries.info";
         severity  debug 1;
         print-category yes;
         print-severity yes;
         print-time     yes;
     };
   //category client {update_debug; };
   //category unmatched {update_debug; };
   //category general {update_debug; };
   //category dnssec {update_debug; };
   //category update-security {update_debug; };
     category update { update_debug; };
     category security { security_info; };
   category edns-disabled { null; };
   category lame-servers { null;};
     category queries { queries_info; };
};

In your /etc/bind/named.conf, can you also make a tcpdump trace between
your two servers and send it to me if you want more analysis.

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou
Samba Team        http://samba.org