Need a schema reload in Samba4 on any Schema change

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Mar 10 17:05:57 MST 2010

As I mentioned on IRC, I've recently done the work to get us to run
'make test' with a vampired DC.

You can see the branch for that work at
git://git.samba.org/abartlet/samba.git vampire-test-wip

The problem is, untested code is broken code, and our DRSUAPI server was
segfaulting, due to 'make test' altering the schema.  We would add
attributes to the directory, but not all cached copies of the schema
were updated.

We need to ensure a message is somehow sent to all users of the schema
to update, as soon as a change is made.

I've added code to fix the segfault, so now it's just broken tests
instead.  (In the meantime, I'll push everything except the actual
activation of the vampired DC).

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.