About Samba4 vs Win2008 differences

Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer mdw at samba.org
Thu Jun 24 01:56:24 MDT 2010

Hi Zahari,

I've fixed some more issues on the base of your diffs. Basically as
already said - display specifiers and schema can't be modified at all
since these are Microsoft-provided INIs. I think the differences lie in
the fact that we provide Windows Server 2008R2 (and not 2008) compatible
ones.

Regarding the various "revision" attributes: I'm not really sure if they
can be changed arbitrarely. I think raising is no problem - but
decrementing could be. We will need to compare against Server 2008R2.

The other differences consist in the fact that we don't provide correct
DNS and file replication entries yet (but also this is planned to be
fixed in the future when we do adapt these technologies).

Greets,
Matthias