Back-linked attributes does not sync between Windows2003 and Samba4

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Jun 14 02:31:38 MDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-05-25 at 18:14 +0300, Zahari Zahariev wrote:
> Hello Andrew & Samba4,
>
> Here is an interesting thing I have found this afternoon. I decided to test
> LDAPCMP on a real-world setup -- Samba4 vampires from Windows2003 domain
> controller. Samba4 vampired OK and then it started OK there were replication
> requests going back and forth. However when I ran ldapcmp it showed
> differences exclusively for attributes in objects which has remained only in
> the Windows2003 server. As Kamen noticed these are mostly back-linked
> attributes which were not replicated.

I've got a proposed fix for this in my drs-links-wip branch.  If you can
try that out, and let me know if it works, I would appreciate it.

We don't have any good tests for this, so another task is, after the
'net vampire' tests are in the tree, to create a separate provision in
2000 functional level, and do an ldapcmp after replication.

Once I know if I've fixed the issue, I'll tidy up the patches a bit
more, but any comments are of course welcome.