Upgrade samba 3.0.14

shadrack222 shadrack222 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 01:39:46 MDT 2010

Good morning,

I try to migrate my Openldap/samba pdc from a samba 3.0.14 to a samba 3.4.8.

I have 5 NAS thecus 1U4500 with NT authentification enabled and, with samba
3.0.14, i can create folder with ACL access or just Public access on it.

But When i upgraded to samba 3.4.8 the access to the public folder on my NAS
are broke. My Xp clients just got a windows authentification popup.

I tried with different version of samba (3.0.24 and 3.2.5) but i got the
same problems.

I tried many solutions i found on this forum but i'm still stuck with my
smb.conf:

#======================= Global Settings =======================

[global]
        workgroup = melnibone
        logon path =
        netbios name = imrryr
        netbios aliases =
        server string = %h
        interfaces = eth0
        security = USER
        admin users = admin,root,administrateur
        logon script = %U.bat
        encrypt passwords = true
        ldap passwd sync = No
        domain logons = Yes
        time server = Yes
        announce as = NT Server
        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
        username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
        valid users =
        create mask = 0777
	directory mask = 0777
        force create mode = 0777
        force directory mode = 0777
        hosts allow =
        hosts deny =
        log level = 2
        invalid users =
        max log size = 1000
        os level = 64
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        preferred master = No
        local master = No
        domain master = Yes
        dns proxy = Yes
        wins server =
        wins support = yes
        logon drive =
        logon home =
        passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://localhost
        ldap suffix = dc=nexus,dc=com
        ldap user suffix = ou=users
        ldap group suffix = ou=groups
        ldap admin dn = cn=root,dc=nexus,dc=com
        ldap machine suffix = ou=machines
        add machine script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -g sambamachines -w
-c "Samba Machine" -d /dev/null -s /bin/false '%u'
        add user script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -g sambausers -c "Samba
User" -d /dev/null -s /bin/false '%u'
        add group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupadd '%g' "Samba User" -d
/dev/null -s /bin/false '%u'
        add user to group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -m "%u" "%g"
        enable privileges = yes
        load printers = no
        printing = bsd
        printcap name = /dev/null