Validation on upgradeprovision patches needed

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Sun Jul 11 07:51:02 MDT 2010

  Hello all,

I would like the team to have a review on the style and on the technical
content

* f8d2fbe s4 provision: move update_machine_account_password to helpers
* 026a9f1 s4: Add a simple script to change dc password
* bf637a0 s4: Unit test update_machine_account_password through kinit
* 9eeaad4 ldb: allow ldb_sequence_number to be called in python
* f1a3872 s4 dsdb: create a new control: changereplmetadata
* 6546478 s4 dsdb: Use the changereplmetadata control
* aa4edb7 s4 python: Add functions to samdb to manipulate version of
replPropertyMetaData attribute
* daec974 s4 upgradeprovision: introduce a new function to update the
field use for calculating msds-keyversionnumber
* 2a456c6 s4: Add unit test for increment_calculated_keyversion_number
* 69d3e9d s4 upgradeprovision: fix whitespaces
* e04981a s4 upgradeprovision: add function to backup the provision
before updating
* 12d51e0 s4 upgradeprovision: do not copy RID Set it's automaticaly
created by the RID manager
* 878f79a s4 upgradeprovision: Synchronize the calculated
keyversionnumber with the one previously stored
* 0ac56a0 s4 ldb modules: relax some tests about attributes that should
not be here
* 1820869 s4 upgradeprovision: Adapt the list of attribute modified

They are related to add more unit tests to upgradeprovision function,
they also fix problems found with late changes in changes in the samba4,
they also introduce a full backup of the provision that is upgraded just
for the sake of cleaness.
Finally there is also a couple of patches related to the resync of
msds-keybersionnumber between the version that used to be stored in the
database and the one that is now calculated from the version field of
unicodePwd in replPropertyMetaData.

Those patches pass make test on my 32bit computer (not tried on a
64bits), and I've been able to upgrade stock alpha8 to alpha11.

I'm waiting for your comments or for your sign-off.

--
Matthieu Patou
Samba Team        http://samba.org