About RID Set / RID pool and the possible broken value present in older provision

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Sun Jul 11 07:09:41 MDT 2010

  Hello Metze,

When upgrading a stock alpha11 provision I have this messages

dn= CN=RID Set,CN=ARES,OU=Domain Controllers,DC=home,DC=matws,DC=net
rIDAllocationPool with flag MOD_REPLACE is not allowed to be
changed/removed, I discard this change
old 0 : 6442450945001
new 0 : 6867652707404
dn= CN=RID Set,CN=ARES,OU=Domain Controllers,DC=home,DC=matws,DC=net
rIDPreviousAllocationPool with flag MOD_REPLACE is not allowed to be
changed/removed, I discard this change
old 0 : 6442450945001
new 0 : 6867652707404
dn= CN=RID Set,CN=ARES,OU=Domain Controllers,DC=home,DC=matws,DC=net
rIDUsedPool with flag MOD_REPLACE is not allowed to be changed/removed,
I discard this change
old 0 : 1
new 0 : 0

My question are the old default value bad or it's ok, if so why the new
default are different ?

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou