"The server is unwilling to process the request"

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Jul 1 15:51:59 MDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-07-01 at 11:50 -0600, Cam Thompson wrote:
> Hello list;
>
> When I try to add a user or group to the S4 DC in the domain (with another
> w2k3 controller) I get the error message "The server is unwilling to process
> the request".  I can create users directly on the w2k3 dc and they will
> replicate to samba4.  I can also modify user group membership on the S4
> machine (thanks to Andrew, the memberOf= ldap attribute is now set for users
> during a vampire) and that replicates to w2k3.
>
> debug level 6: http://pastebin.com/vagWwLKm
> I have also attached the wireshark for this problem.

If you can get a level 10, then this will include ldb_trace output,
which will help a lot.

In the wireshark trace, which packet do you think indicates the problem?
I can't actually see any modify requests, except perhaps the undecoded
DCE/RPC at the end, which needs more context.

> Any help or things to try will be greatly appreciated :)

I'll do what I can when you get me a clue or two more :-)

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.