Samba4 ADS BDC howto/help/status, please?

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Fri Jan 22 03:00:17 MST 2010

Hi Brian,

 > (1) Will Samba4 in its current state, be able to handle this?

yes, I think so. I haven't tested the pam_winbind stuff recently, but
I believe it works.

 > (2) What compile/install/provision/configure steps/instructions are
 > (or will be) required?

I'm planning on putting together an up-to-date HOWTO in the near
future. I'll announce it on this list when its done (it will be on the
Samba wiki).

 > (3) Can anyone point me at relevant bits and pieces that might need
 > to be added or tweaked, to support this, if there's still work to
 > be done? (I have incentive to do this, of course.)

you may well find things that need fixing, but it shouldn't need a lot
before you can show some success.

 > (4) Would anyone object to me adding this to the Wiki/howto, as I
 > think this will be a common use-case?

Please do! Maybe add to the HOWTO that I'm planning on doing?

Cheers, Tridge