[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Jan 13 17:15:38 MST 2010

On Wed, 2010-01-13 at 04:08 -0600, Nadezhda Ivanova wrote:
> The branch, master has been updated
>        via  5d1aa4c... Comparison tool for LDAP servers (using Ldb)
>        via  9b3871e... Merge branch 'master' of git://git.samba.org/samba
>        via  309473f... Merge branch 'master' of git://git.samba.org/samba
>        via  fb5383c... Merge branch 'master' of git://git.samba.org/samba
>        via  60d8ab3... Adapted acl module to skip checks if as_system control is provided.
>       from  ca84795... Fix bug #7034 - vfs_cap causes signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
>
> http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=shortlog;h=master
>

> - Log -----------------------------------------------------------------
> commit 5d1aa4c5b796ad5e65f7447414d09c059f060946
> Author: Zahari Zahariev <zahari.zahariev at postpath.com>
> Date:   Wed Jan 13 10:41:56 2010 +0200
>
>     Comparison tool for LDAP servers (using Ldb)
>
>     This tool is integrated with Samba4 Ldb. It provides a useful output
>     where you can find easy differences in objects or attributes within
>     naming context (Domain, Configuration or Schema).
>
>     Added functionality for two sets of credentials.

This looks really useful.

My hope is to use it to validate Samba4 DRS replication, and to ensure
we have a valid tree for things like the things mdw was trying to fix
recently (groups in the wrong spot).

To ensure it does not bit-rot in the tree before we get this set up, can
you add a blackbox test that does two provisions - say for domain A and
B (see blackbox_provision.sh for how to do that), and then compares that
A and B show up as identical in your current 'fuzzy' match mode, and
then compares A and A (or perhaps just the default ldb we create at
startup) for an exact match?

(I know it only does the fuzzy match for the moment).

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.