[s4] Passwords work

Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer mdw at samba.org
Sun Feb 21 15:04:15 MST 2010

In my personal repo under the "passwords" branch I finally completed the
work regarding the LDAP password handling for s4.
I spoke already once to abartlet and he gave me some suggestions which I
implemented (eg the additional controls - one for returning password
policy information, one for allowing password changes/sets only through
hashes - which bypasses some checks). In addition I have finished a
python test suite (passwords.py) which shows the password handling
capabilities directly over LDAP (indirectly we have it already through
the SAMR password tests).

I tried to match the LDAP result codes of Windows as much as possible. I
was stuck to run the my test script against Windows since it requires a
LDAPS over SSL connection and I didn't know how to get this working on
s4 as a client. So I generated analogous test requests with an LDAP
client on the server (where I managed to prepare and install the
certificate) and compared the results.

Greets,
Matthias