Fedora DS Support

Endi Sukma Dewata edewata at redhat.com
Wed Sep 9 20:26:53 MDT 2009

Andrew,

----- "Andrew Bartlett" <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:

> > Is there a problem with the current Samba code?
>
> Not that I know of.  Was this a clean build?  Can you give a
> backtrace?

I think it was clean, but I will try again tomorrow.

> > Next I'll be working on the SID allocation using DNA plugin as I mentioned
> > sometime ago. I need to add the binary support on the DNA plugin first, then
> > I'll contact you when it's ready to be used by Samba.
>
> Why binary?  We can convert the SID into a string in the simple_ldap_map
> module if it makes it easier.

To my understanding the SID is stored as binary in FDS. In order to use the DNA
plugin we need to split the SID into a static prefix and a dynamically generated
integer. Currently the DNA plugin can only work with string prefix, also the
integer would be concatenated to the prefix as string. To generate binary SID the
DNA plugin needs to support binary prefix and binary concatenation.

Are you suggesting we can store SID as string in FDS? That certainly will eliminate
the need to fix the DNA plugin, but we probably need a different schema for Samba
and FDS. Also would there be a big performance impact?

> I've applied it, but in future please fix your author in GIT.  'root'
> didn't write this patch, Endi did :-)

I did not notice it until I sent it. Thanks! :)

--
Endi S. Dewata