[IPA] Build farm with FDS backend

Endi Sukma Dewata edewata at redhat.com
Wed Oct 28 15:39:34 MDT 2009

Andrew,

I noticed that build.samba.org's main page is blank (not showing any
results), is it under maintenance? It's been like that for quite some
time today.

How long does a complete build farm cycle normally take? Is it normal
if it takes more than several hours?

----- "Andrew Bartlett" <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:

> What we really need to do is have it run as a normal part of 'make
> test', when compatible versions of OpenLDAP and Fedora DS are found.

Do you mean the test should automatically use the OpenLDAP/FDS backend
(instead of the default backend) if they are available on the system?

> However, the environment variables you set in your build_test will
> make
> it down to Samba4, so if you set FEDORA_DS_ROOT=/foo and
> TEST_LDAP=yes,
> then it will actually run that modified 'make test'.

So the build_test should check the default installation directories
of OpenLDAP/FDS and set the above environment variables automatically?

Thanks.

--
Endi S. Dewata