[IPA] Attribute dereferencing & storing SID as string

Endi Sukma Dewata edewata at redhat.com
Wed Oct 21 17:38:22 MDT 2009

Andrew,

Please review the attached patches:

The first one fixes the attribute dereferencing for FDS because
it requires different handling than OpenLDAP:
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Samba_4_Attribute_Dereferencing
Please let me know if this is the right way to fix it.

The second one changes the storage format for SID in FDS from
binary to string (we've discussed this before):
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Samba_4_Storing_SID_in_String_Format
The patch doesn't include changing the schema, do you think it's
necessary? Currently it works using octet string syntax.

Both of these are prerequisites for utilizing the DNA plugin to
generate SID (we also have discussed this before):
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Samba_4_SID_Allocation_using_DNA_Plugin
I don't have the patch for this yet.

I have run the quicktest using the default backend and FDS backend
and they completed successfully. The OpenLDAP test failed because
of the problem we discussed in the other thread.

--
Endi S. Dewata