python linking hack

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Thu Oct 8 04:52:59 MDT 2009

Hi Jelmer,

 > I might just steal your idea for the short term and then gradually
 > introduce more smaller libs.

How many libs are you thinking of? The build times will start to get
large again if we have dozens of libs, even if they are each small.

I also wonder if you are thinking of versioning these libs?
Maintaining a versioned lib properly is a lot of work, so perhaps it
would be better using a single unversioned "libsamba.so" just as a
"shared code" hack rather than doing "proper" libs if doing it
properly means having the burden of library versioning for lots of
libs.

Cheers, Tridge