salting in Samba4

Andrew Kroeger andrew at id10ts.net
Thu Oct 1 05:31:21 MDT 2009

Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> Don't bother - just import the ktutil from Heimdal into the heimdal/
> tree and build it like the other heimdal utilities with heimdal_build/

Andrew:

When you refer to importing the ktutil from heimdal, are you thinking
about a one-shot import, or do you envision modifying the heimdal import
process/scripts so that ktutil is brought in and all future updates are
also included as part of any future imports/updates?  If the latter, do
you have any pointers as to where I should start?

I have looked at the "automated" scripts from Metze for updating to a
newer heimdal codebase, but I cannot seem to grasp how those scripts
grab the core heimdal library functionality but leave the utilities out
of what is imported.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I assume we would want to integrate the
import of the ktutil code as part of the update scripts.  We want to
pull updated code for ktutil every time we run the scripts that pull
updated code from the heimdal repository, correct?

I appreciate any help you can provide with this matter.

Sincerely,
Andrew Kroeger