DNS and GENSEC issues when running the samba binary

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Wed Nov 11 15:49:32 MST 2009

Hi Eduardo,

 > Is it possible to this problem be a bug in the samba's code?

there are probably hundreds of bugs in this code, so yes, it could be
a Samba bug.

 > Everything was configured as expected. Provision and Vampire were working
 > well, but the replication was failing. Then I did a "git pull" and the
 > "GENSEC" message is not appearing anymore but the replication is only
 > working from Windows to Samba. From Samba to Windows it is still not
 > replicating.

I'd need a lot more detail on exactly what is going wrong (what
messages are displayed) to help you diagnose this. Saying it is
"failing" doesn't really tell me much.

If you like, you could also setup your test machine to allow me to ssh
in, and we can use a shared screen session to help debug it. Grab me
on IRC to organise this if you want to.

Cheers, Tridge