tdbsam as default passdb backend in 3.4

Tue May 26 18:13:11 GMT 2009

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 11:04:30AM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> I'd also like to make this change, but it's (IMHO) too big
> a change to make for 3.4. I think we should make the change
> in master, and the next major release after 3.4 will then
> have it.

What's the difference between 3.4 and any further release?
What makes 3.5 more likely to carry this change than 3.4? If
3.2 was not suited to do this, I don't think any release
ever will be. 3.2 was a fresh start after more than 2 years,
and changing that default was too much for that?

I must be missing some grand plot here.

Volker