Error injection

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 04:02:26 GMT 2009

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 4:42 PM, Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 02:57:04PM -0700, Richard Sharpe wrote:
>>
>> Yeah, I would like the pstrings to go. Perhaps what I need to do is
>> re-develop this for 3.2.x and see where it goes.
>
> I'd target master if I were you :-). But the same
> ideas apply.
>
>> As to intermittent *alloc failures, are you referring to injecting
>> errors of that type? If so, one could add an injection type of
>> XX_RANDOM or something and have allocation routines return and error
>> if the injection point fires.
>
> Yes, that's pretty much it. This would be inside a test wrapped
> version of talloc and malloc. We don't currently handle this well,
> but this would be a good place to start looking at the issues.

OK, I will look at these issues.

One additional problem I have with the current approach is that I have
code in a .h file. This allowed me to avoid changing Makefile.in and
such things. However, if I do it again I will put the code in a .c
file in an appropriate directory.

Guess I have to bust out git.

--
Regards,