Samba 4 Build errors on AIX

William Jojo w.jojo at hvcc.edu
Thu Mar 5 02:27:19 GMT 2009

---- Original message ----
>Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 11:44:42 +1100
>From: Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org>
>Subject: Re: Samba 4 Build errors on AIX
>To: William Jojo <w.jojo at hvcc.edu>
>Cc: samba-technical at samba.org

>> >My guess is that somehow, your system Kerberos headers are being
>> >included instead of Samba's headers.
>> >

>> Oh, crap...I should have thought of that! MIT is installed. Grrrr...
>
>This shouldn't cause samba to fail to build - we should ignore those
>headers - but clearly that isn't working perfectly at this point.

Woohoo! I renamed the header files for MIT KRB5 so that Samba4 could not find them. I now have Samba4 built and ready to be packaged for testing. And I renamed my header files back. :-)

I will look into the header file problem further in the morning. In the meantime, Samba4 should be running on AIX 5.3 by tomorrow night.

Thanks for the hint!

Cheers,
Bill