Status of 64-bit TDB

Derrell Lipman derrell.lipman at unwireduniverse.com
Mon Jun 15 16:20:42 GMT 2009

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 12:17 PM, simo <idra at samba.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 2009-06-15 at 10:46 -0500, John H Terpstra - Samba Team wrote:
> > What is the status of updating TDB to 64-bit?
>
> I wonder if we should think of a tdb2, or is there any way to make this
> new tdb api/abi/format compatible with the current tdb ?

Or, better from a user perspective, create new databases in 64-bit mode but
continue to read/write 32-bit old-style databases. (Is there a database
version number that can be read? If not, the absence of a version number can
indicate a Version 1 database (32-bit), and the new format can include a
version number.

Derrell