[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated - release-4-0-0alpha7-1924-gff736df

Tue Jun 2 11:45:42 GMT 2009

On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 03:28:21PM -0500, Jeremy Allison wrote:

>     Fix bug #6421 - POSIX read-only open fails on
>     read-only shares.  The change to smbd/trans2.c opens
>     up SETFILEINFO calls to POSIX_OPEN only. The change to
>     first smbd/open.c closes 2 holes that would have been
>     exposed by allowing POSIX_OPENS on readonly shares,
>     and their ability to set arbitrary flags permutations.
>     The O_CREAT -> O_CREAT|O_EXCL change removes an
>     illegal combination (O_EXCL without O_CREAT) that
>     previously was being passed down to the open syscall.
>     Jeremy.

Just from my comment in bugzilla:

To be honest, I'm not really happy with that patch. Using a
setfileinfo call for a read-only open is just a broken
protocol, and having to put some complicated code paths for
security-relevant stuff in makes me feel very, very uneasy.

There is no other way like a qfileinfo for the r/o variant
of posix open?

Volker