Samba4 Alpha 10

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Dec 13 15:28:43 MST 2009

On Fri, 2009-12-11 at 16:27 +0200, Sassy Natan wrote:
> I never compile Franky, so I didn't have the problem u are having
> I can try but if u want.
> Do u recommend this version?
>
> Does Franky have in the source code the latest samba4?

There isn't anything 'magic' about the Samba4 source code in Samba 3.4 -
it's just the state of Samba4 at the time Samba 3.4 was branched.
Similarly, the Samba4 sources in Samba 3.5 are a similar snapshot - it
is just not possible with the current development modal to drop in more
recent snapshots, due to the common code both subdirectories depend on.

The 'master' branch contains the current development efforts for all of
Samba, and it is there that I would recommend testing Franky (as there
it is at least possible to address any Samba4 issues that come up).

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.