Fedora DS Support

Endi Sukma Dewata edewata at redhat.com
Wed Aug 12 16:29:02 MDT 2009

Andrew,

Attached are the patch for the schema mapping and a modified version of
mmr.pl that no longer relies on the deprecated nsslapd-instancedir
attribute. Is mmr.pl going to be included in Samba distribution?

> > I have written the new procedure in an internal website, should
> > I put it in Samba wiki page? If so I'd like to request a write
> > access to the wiki page for user edewata.
>
> Please do, you now have access.

Ok, thanks. I think I'll put the new docs in a separate page first, then
after it's been reviewed we can replace the old docs.

> > I'm not familiar with the automation for OpenLDAP setup, could
> > you point me to the discussion/docs/code?
>
> See the long thread on this mailing list over the past few weeks:
> 'extended provision-backend'

> I'll also need a promise that you (or someone else in the Fedora DS
> community) is willing to be the long-term maintainer of this code,
> and
> it's associated mapping modules.

Let me read the tread before responding to this. The thing is I don't
always follow the mailing list very closely, but if somebody would
alert me (put my email in the 'to/cc' list) when I'm needed I think
it's doable. Thanks.

--
Endi S. Dewata