http://git.samba.org/?p=tprouty/samba.git; a=shortlog; h=create_file_refactor

Tim Prouty tprouty at samba.org
Tue Dec 2 18:05:10 GMT 2008

On Dec 2, 2008, at 12:47 AM, Volker Lendecke wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 05:32:55PM -0800, Tim Prouty wrote:
>> I have pushed the changes to use a flags argument instead of a bool
>> my git repo.  There is also a patch that fixes a POSIX_SEMANTICS bug
>> that Volker discovered this afternoon (mkdir over cifsfs was
>> failing).
>>
>> http://git.samba.org/?p=tprouty/samba.git;a=shortlog;h=create_file_refactor
>
> To be honest, I don't really like the fix. Wouldn't it be a
> lot better to pass in the posix permissions in a separate
> function argument instead of overloading the file_attributes
> variable?

file_attributes was already overloaded without any of my patches.  I
just fixed create_file to pass down the bit to the functions below
that depend on it (open_file_ntcreate, open_directory, etc).  I'm not
opposed to adding another argument to SMB_VFS_CREATE_FILE to make the
interface cleaner.  What do you think about making that a "part 2"
fix, so the already large patch set has a little time to stabilize in
master?

-Tim