Unix types in IDL code?

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at sernet.de
Mon Sep 10 13:13:27 GMT 2007

Am Montag, den 10.09.2007, 13:31 +0200 schrieb Volker Lendecke:
> On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 09:24:58PM +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > > What should I do here?
> >
> > 64 bit types seems the easy option to me.  If you are going as far as
> > IDL, having it depending on the size of uid_t seems silly.
>
> That's not my point. If I put those into ndr_basic.c I would
> encode them as 64 bit. My point is that I want the C
> structure definitions as done by PIDL to be the real unix
> types, I don't want to always cast/convert etc.
>
> The question here is: Now much do we want ndr_misc.c to be
> blown up. Now the Samba3 version already has for example
> definitions for server_id (pid_t plus node in the cluster
> case).
It is also possible to put handmarshalled files in a separate C file and
get the generated file to include those. The 'helper' attribute on IDL
interfaces can should contain the header to include.

spoolss already uses this mechanism at the moment to include
librpc/ndr/ndr_spoolss_buf.[ch].

Cheers,

Jelmer