phpldapadmin for Samba4 SWAT?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Sep 4 06:36:29 GMT 2007

I expect to release Samba4 alpha1 as-is, unless I get some violent
objections.  But I want to look forward to a resolution on the SWAT and
management question.

I had a chat with tridge today, and we had a play with phpldapadmin,
against Win2k3, and it works very well.

As such, I wonder if, rather than continue with our own LDB browser in
SWAT, if we should instead either generate a apache config snippit to
host phpldapadmin, or host phpldapadmin (via PHP as a CGI binary) in
SWAT?

Are there any other (good) LDAP web-based LDAP browsers we should
consider?  At this stage, the less work we have to duplicate the
better...

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.