hello ipv6

Luke Howard lukeh at padl.com
Sun Mar 11 10:18:25 GMT 2007

>I thought microsoft was not going to update NetBIOS to support ipv6?
>With port 445 and AD/DNS being the "upgrade" path for ipv6?

See below (from the CIFS mailing list IIRC)

Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 15:11:16 -0800
From: Chris Mitchell <cmitch at windows.microsoft.com>
To: netmask at enZotech.net
Subject: RE: netbios ipv6

Hello, thank you for your interest in Microsoft's IPv6 plans.

We do not plan to support NetBios on IPv6.  In the future we believe all
network communications will be IP-based.  I hope this answers your
question.

If you have any further questions in the future please feel free to
utilize our news group at: Microsoft.public.platformssdk.networking.ipv6

Thanks
Chris Mitchell
Windows Networking

--