shared libraries not building on HPUX 11.23 in the Build farm

Don McCall donmccall1 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 1 22:49:09 GMT 2007

Hi Guys,
Noticed that samba shared libraries weren't building on the 11.23 build farm system for CC=cc, on samba_3_0 because we never set BLDSHARED=true unless
 $ac_cv_prog_cc_Ae = yes
and that's not happening, possibly because we use the -CC99 flag; I hacked around it for my purposes with the following patch, but could someone take a look at this and see what's REALLY wrong?
Thanks,
Don

# diff configure.in /home/build/build_farm/samba_3_0/source/configure.in
1776,1782d1776
<                       elif test $c99_init = yes; then
<                               echo mccall c99_init is yes
<                               BLDSHARED="true"
<                               SHLD="cc"
<                               LDSHFLAGS="-b -Wl,-B,symbolic,-b,-z"
<                               SONAMEFLAG="-Wl,+h "
<                               PICFLAG="+z"