Proposed patch: smbtorture4: RAW-OPLOCK's CHECK_VAL

Zack Kirsch zack.kirsch at isilon.com
Tue Jul 24 21:29:39 GMT 2007

Hi Jelmer!

I'm addressing this to you, because you made some changes in Samba 4's
smbtorture here:
http://viewcvs.samba.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/branches/SAMBA_4_0/source/t
orture/raw/oplock.c?rev=21707&r1=19510&r2=21707

I've been playing around with smbtorture and have noticed a bit of an
oddity in the RAW-OPLOCK test suite.  Specifically, if you have two
errors in a test (one of them caught by CHECK_VAL), the error from
CHECK_VAL will be overwritten! I propose the following patch, where we
will still continue the rest of the test (after failing a CHECK_VAL) but
will immediately print out the error.

What do you think?
Zack Kirsch | Software Development Engineer
Isilon Systems    P +1-206-315-7500     F  +1-206-315-7501
www.isilon.com    D +1-206-315-7487    M +1-206-601-5465
Isilon Systems: How breakthroughs begin. (tm)