Trouble authenticating with OfficeJet CIFS client

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu Jul 19 23:15:41 GMT 2007

On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 02:10:45PM -0700, Bob Richmond wrote:
> The last section of my initial message is the debug 10 log from a failed
> authentication:
>
> http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2007-July/054559.html
>
> Also note that it was able to authenticate properly if I turned "use
> spnego" off in the server.

Ok, I've finally tracked this down. It's actually a bug in the printer,
in that we're changing the valid userid between the first sessionsetupX
and the second one - which Windows clients accept, but the printer keeps
sending the first uid (100) instead of the one we finally validated
with (101). I'll look into this - it would be nice to not re-allocate
a new vuid if it was a partially valid one (that would match a Windows
server).

Jeremy.