subcontext() Re: bitmaps as special enums?

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Sat Feb 24 14:14:04 GMT 2007

On Sat, Feb 24, 2007 at 12:21:57PM +0100, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
> Jelmer Vernooij schrieb:
> please, don't change any existing subcontext() usages yet.

> There're often very nasty details in the encoding and we some are
> not tested in "make test".

> Maybe try to start with the spoolss stuff only and make sure it still
> works:
> - - against windows
If we have sufficient test coverage, why would this be necessary? The
data that is sent by Windows shouldn't differ from the code that is
being tested by our NDR testsuite. I do agree that testing against
Windows in general is useful, but I think it'd be very hard for me to
test all these functions...

> - - with ndrdump --dump --validate
torture/ndr/ basically does what ndrdump --dump --validate does,
but in an automated fashion. Why would running ndrdump be necessary if
we have proper test coverage?

> Also it would be very nice if we can avoid touching the callers of the
> api.
The callers won't have to be changed.

Cheers,

Jelmer