How to compile samba-3.0.25b for MIPS

sambalpj laurent.petitjean at philips.com
Thu Dec 6 09:13:37 GMT 2007

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to compile SAMBA for a MIPS target, but I can't build the
Makefile because I got the following error message:

checking whether mips-linux-gcc and cc understand -c and -o together... yes
checking that the C compiler understands -Werror... cross
checking that the C compiler understands -w2... cross
checking that the C compiler understands volatile... yes
checking that the C compiler understands negative enum values... configure:
error: cannot run test program while cross compiling
See `config.log' for more details.

I've also to build the samba-3.0.27 and unfortunately, I'm fall over to the
same issue.
What anybody have an idea about it, please ?
You can see appended below my config.log file.

Thanks a lot for your aid.
Best regards
Laurent

http://www.nabble.com/file/p14188809/config.log config.log