CIFS move request failing

Murali Bashyam mbcoder at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 00:00:17 GMT 2006

SMB_COM_RENAME requires that the new (target) file not exist, which does not
work for this situation unless we explicitly delete that file using
SMB_COM_DELETE. I thought SMB_COM_MOVE is the command to be used by a client
to perform a SMB_COM_RENAME and  SMB_COM_DELETE together in an atomic
fashion, correct me if am wrong.

Murali