socket_wrapper vs heimdal

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Sep 22 18:52:13 GMT 2006

On Sat, 2006-09-16 at 20:20 +0200, Love Hörnquist Åstrand wrote:
> Tridge,
>
> > btw, I assume this is aimed at the standalone heimdal testing in the
> > build farm, not the use within Samba ?
>
> This was for heimdal testing at the first step, but if there is less
> changes
> to the heimdal codebase when importing it to the samba tree, its even
> better.

I think we will still need to replace the send/recv functions, because
inside Samba we need the non-blocking, event context based calls.

> By adding socket_wrapper.h to roken.h, all parts in Heimdal codebase
> will use
> socket wrapper.

Great.  When we get this back in, I want to try and get current Heimdal
building on the build farm again, and get it running against the IBM
checker and valgrind.

Using socket wrapper will make it safer for our build farm owners, as we
will not listen on real IP sockets.