svn commit: samba r18030 - in branches/SAMBA_3_0/source/tdb/common: .

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Tue Sep 5 07:28:19 GMT 2006

Metze,

 > c++.c:35: error: aggregate ?s1_h h? has incomplete type and cannot be
 > defined

ok, so it appears to be named structures inside structures, and then
using the inner structure as a separate variable. From your test it
looks like nested structures themselves are OK, but C++ doesn't allow
you to 'see' the inner structure except as part of the structure it
was defined in.

If volker applied the thumb screws hard enough and we had a real use
for C++ in mind then I'd probably relent on that one, especially if I
was sure that it was the last one we'd meet in the C++ saga. I do
wonder if it really is the last one though ... I get this nagging
feeling that there would be more C++ surprises to come!

I think the place where it will be most annoying is
libcli/raw/interfaces.h

Cheers, Tridge