Registry Shares?

simo idra at samba.org
Tue Nov 21 21:51:40 GMT 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-21 at 22:22 +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Attached find a small patch that implements pulling registry
> shares from "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Samba Team\Samba3\SmbConf". This
> is *very* rough, but I would like to have some feedback if I
> should pursue this further.

Volker I did some work in samba4 to put share definitions on an ldb
database. I think makling shares accessible vie the registry is a very
interesting idea, what about discussing this development a bit and maybe
come to agree to something that can implemented in both tree in a
compatible way (from the user interface pov at least) ?

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce
Samba Team GPL Compliance Officer