removing connection_struct argument from Samba3 VFS

James Peach jpeach at samba.org
Tue May 30 01:09:22 GMT 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-29 at 21:31 +0200, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Mon, May 29, 2006 at 12:12:49PM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> > Yeah I know - it's the same argument used for a stable
> > ABI in the Linux kernel....
> >
> > We need to keep improving it though.
>
> And i'm going to extend it again, this time with a reference
> to current_user... :-)

I've also got another extension pending that I might as well get
feedback on now ...

I have a patch that lets modules attach data to a files_struct. I also
have 2 modules that use this to maintain per-fsp information. The most
useful point to add per-fsp info is in SMB_VFS_OPEN, and initially I
have replaced the file name parameter with an fsp (and made sure that
the fsp_name member is always valid). Unfortunately, this approach
doesn't work for vfs_catia, because it needs to transform the fname
without modifying the fsp.

So I think the right way to do this is to pass both fname and fsp to
SMB_VFS_NEXT. Comments?

James Peach | jpeach at samba.org