build.h inconsistency

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Sat May 20 03:20:48 GMT 2006

Jelmer,

At the top of build.h we auto-generate prototypes for all the init
functions. Unfortunately there is nothing that checks that these
prototypes are correct. We just hit a problem with Samba4 dying on
sparc64 linux because the ejs init functions returned void, but
build.h declared them as returning NTSTATUS.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? A simple fix would be to include
build.h in includes.h, as that will ensure we get prototype mismatches
between the two prototypes, but I wonder if you can think of a better
solution.

Cheers, Tridge