SAMBA V3 popt/findme.c not including unistd.h

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Thu May 18 03:21:28 GMT 2006

James Peach wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-05-17 at 16:33 -0400, John E. Malmberg wrote:
>
>>When I try to build SAMBA V3, the makefile is attempting to compile
>>popt/findme.c with out either HAVE_CONFIG_H or HAVE_UNISTD_H defined.
>
> When I updated popt ,I added a permanent HAVE_CONFIG_H define to
> Makefile.in. Also, configure.in already checks for unistd.h, so the
> corresponding define should be present if the header is.
>
> Did you run autogen.sh and reconfigure after updating your source tree?

No, my build system does not have any way of directly accessing the
rsync server, so a LINUX system handles that via a cron job and NFS
nightly.  I did not re-run configure this morning.

Config.h had the correct defines.

So my makefile is about 48 hours behind my copy of the source tree.

I am still trying to get a complete build of SAMBA using the UNIX
compatibility tools on OpenVMS.  Previous builds of SAMBA have all been
using native OpenVMS scripting tools.

I started a configure re-run at 6:00 pm local time, and will check it in
the morning.

Thanks,
-John
wb8tyw at qsl.net