Samba4: ntlm_auth questions

Kai Blin k.blin at gmx.net
Tue Mar 28 14:52:39 GMT 2006

Hi folks,

I'm currently investigating using the samba 4 gensec code to encrypt
messages using NTLM. It looks like source/auth/ntlmssp/ntlmssp_sign.c
has some functionality to do this, but this is not exposed by the
ntlm_auth tool, which I am currently using to provide NTLM
authentication for wine.

I'm not sure if ntlm_auth is the right place to put that functionality,
but Andrew Bartlett said that he would like to keep GENSEC internals
internal, so I guess spinning this out of the current code into an extra
lib is not an option. Maybe we could create a seperate tool for things
like this.

Any opinions?

Kai

--