Samba 4 release schedule

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Mon Mar 6 15:40:22 GMT 2006

Hi Rod,

On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 10:12:14AM -0500, Rod Smith wrote about 'Samba 4 release schedule':
> I'm the author of a couple of books on Samba, and I'm looking at some
> revisions for one of my books. With the announcement a while ago about the
> Samba 4 Technology Preview, I was wondering what the thinking is about the
> likely timeline for this branch. How long before betas start appearing? What
> about the final release? I realize you probably don't want to get very
> specific about this, but any guidance would be helpful in planning my own
> work. Thanks.
It's indeed hard to tell as the development of Samba 4 relies on the
amount of time that the various developers can put in.

There is another TP due in a few days. Alpha releases are still some
time (at least a few months, most likely more) away.

Cheers,

Jelmer

--
Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at samba.org> - http://jelmer.vernstok.nl/
 16:36:19 up 14 days, 23:35,  4 users,  load average: 0.43, 0.25, 0.18