Optimizing open_file_ntcreate()

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Jul 25 15:48:05 GMT 2006

On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 05:45:06PM +0200, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 08:36:13AM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> > This is subtle code, difficult to modify. Can we have a call
> > about this ?
>
> I 100% know this is subtle code :-)
>
> See it like this: What I'm proposing is an oplock on the
> share mode record. I think it can work...

Oh yes, I'm sure it'll work. It's a good idea. The
devil is in the (implementation) details :-).

The question is who gets to write the first cut of
this code. I'd like to have a go at it (obviously :-)
as I'm more familiar with this code. However it is your
idea :-), plus I'm not sure what my time schedule
will look like until after my conf call today....

Whoever does it there'll be bugs :-).

Jeremy.